Part Time, Location flexible
With over 300 employees and around 2,000 volunteers the Blind Foundation is New Zealand’s leading provider of services and support to people who are blind or have low vision. Celebrating our 125th last year, we are one of New Zealand’s most trusted and iconic Not for Profit organisations. We need an Orthoptist to join us. You will help the organisation achieve our vision of empowering and supporting New Zealanders who are blind or who have low vision.
We are seeking a qualified orthoptist with a particular interest in low vision rehabilitation to join the client service team at the Blind Foundation.
This role will work alongside our senior orthoptist to ensure delivery of high quality clinical advice and teaching, as well as becoming involved in service delivery and service improvement initiatives. It is essential that the applicant is currently in practice and has some familiarity with the area of disability.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing Orthoptist services for clients and to provide professional advice to staff
- Assisting with service development, and supporting the registration process
- Supporting and contributing to research and innovation in client services
- Working in partnership with the Senior Orthoptist
- Have a client case load to maintain currency and society membership
- Supporting strategic and business plan initiatives, and engage in service development and support requests
- A Qualified Orthoptist - member of New Zealand Orthoptics Society, NZOSI
- Interest and experience of orthoptics practice within the low vision scope
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Interest/ experience in teaching and contributing to professional development of rehabilitation team members
- Well developed and demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Public speaking, comfort and ability
- Service development interest, and if possible change management experience
If you believe you have what we are looking for, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a formal application below through our Careers Portal, where you can also view the position description. If you have any questions please contact our Recruitment Team on 09 355 6565.
Applications close Friday 8 April 2016.
While the Blind Foundation welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages people who are blind or who have low vision to apply for roles within the organisation, please note that for this particular position of Orthoptist, only suitably matched candidates will be considered for the position.
Join the Blind Foundation’s Client Services Team and see the difference you could make to people who are blind or have low vision.